Sunday 3 April 2011

food and facial hair

If we had a Dunkin Donuts in South Africa I would probably be a very large person. Alas, we do not, so I remain average sized. Luckily, the Woolies at one of the malls has a bakery that makes fresh donuts such as chocolate and creme. Mmmm...so good. It's covered in chocolate ganache. And when you bite into it? A liquid custard creme comes squirting out. I bought two. So I may very well be on my way to becoming a very large person...
The husband and I also eventually ate at Craft Trattoria yesterday. The food was pretty darn great, but what I really loved was the decor done by Egg Designs. Modern and oh-so-stylish. The husband and I shared the terrine salad of artichoke, red pepper and over roasted tomato with rocket and verjuice dressing as a starter. For mains I had the prawn linguine and he had the tricolore gnocchi with pork and red wine ragu.
Oh, and the husband was mistaken for Jack Parow. He was not amused. I blame the zef facial hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment