Monday 4 April 2011

bennie boekwurm

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love books. Not to brag, but I think I read hundreds and hundreds of books. A few that come to mind are Molly and the Magic Umbrella to, And the Dish Ran Away With the Spoon to The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing, and The Secret Diary of Anne Frank...but I have dozens of favourites. Just writing those titles makes me want to read them all again for the umpteenth time. Because, unlike some people, I love rereading books. I love finding details or discovering themes I may have missed the previous time. The husband always shakes his head when he finds me rereading a Harry Potter book. But, as I tell him each time, for me Harry Potter is like a comforting, hot meal on a cold, dreary day. It just makes me feel good inside. I treasure my collection of books and hate to think what would happen if our flat was on fire. I definitely would not be able to save them all...
Image: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment