Wednesday 22 June 2011

happy things to look forward to


My parents are coming to visit me in Durban for a week on Sunday. I cannot wait! They were last here two years ago, so I have lots to show them. I'm just sorry that they couldn't have come a bit later in July for the Virginia Airshow (my dad loves anything that flies) and the Durban International Film Festival. The programme was released several days ago and wowzer, there are some awesome movies coming to town. My pick: Toast (based on Nigel Slater's book - that's Helena Bonham Carter in a scene from the movie above), The Tree of Life (the love-it-or-hate-it new Brad Pitt movie), Midnight in Paris (the new Woody Allen movie), Black Venus (about Saartjie Baartman), and Black Butterfiles (about poet Ingrid Jonker).

Image: Telegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment